Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker


Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 2, 2008

Growing, growing, growing

I realized that I post pics all the time but don't write anything with them. So, here I go. Owen is over 6 months old now and the boy is GROWING!! At his 6 month doctor's appointment he was in the 94th % for height and weight. He has even outgrown his infant carrier so we bought him a convertible car seat. This car seat has to sit rear facing until he is 1 year old and then it turns around. Brian and I tried for over 2 hours Sunday night to install the thing but with no luck. So, we took it to the professionals and had them install it. The thing is huge and just about takes up one whole side of the car. We learned that they are all like that though. He seems to like it but mommy and daddy have a harder time putting him in and out and we don't like the whole head hanging sleeping issue but....what'cha gonna do? In addition to the new car seat O eats in a high chair now and loves to make a mess!! Don't worry though, the puppies are there to clean it up. He is also sitting up really well on his own and has just about outgrown the bumbo. He rolls over like a champ and scoots around-no crawling yet. However, we have begun the whole baby proofing the house process. He is still sleeping very well at night-about 10 hours. But, he sleeps on his tummy. We put him to bed on his back but we are not even out of his room when he rolls over. He laughs at the most random things but you can always get a giggle out of him by letting him play with Rosco or (I know it's werid) talking in a monster voice. It's amazing how babies change literally everyday. He is always doing something new and I hate missing even a minute of it. Brian and I prayed long and hard and have decided this will be my last year of teaching for a while. I will miss teaching but Owen will only be this little once and I have the rest of my life to work. So, I have about 5 weeks left of school and then I will offically be a stay at home mommy! I'm so excited!! Well, now here is the good stuff-enjoy the pics!







No comments: